Saturday, May 26, 2007

reversal of roles

in all my yesteryears, it was me who was leaning on my mom's shoulder for support. when i was tired, her shoulder or lap was the most comfortable place in the world, it still is. 2day, while we were in church waiting for the pentecost vigil 2 start, mom turns 2 me n tells me, 'sit up straight, i wanna sleep on ur shoulder. i'm just so tired.' i really just dunno how 2 explain how i feel, about how our roles in time are changing. when i was younger, i was seeking comfort, n now i'm the source of comfort. vice versa for my mom. its just scary at times. it's also proof that i', growing up, no longer a sheltered child at my mom's knee. i only hope that in future times, i will be able 2 play and live my role as well as she has. with unyielding strength, yet with unfathomnable gentleness n love, following the steps of my mom.

No comments: